Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Still Avoiding Hook Writing (Also Known as St George!)

At the very last minute, right before the second block of spring semester, I decided to take a class. The class is called Introduction to Adventure. I thought it would be fun. We are only in lecture every other week. Our first outing was snow shoeing. (That took a LOT of work!) The next thing we did was rock climbing. That was scary. But not as scary as I thought it would be, I would do it again. We went to the ropes course. That was scary.

Scariest of all...was a weekend in St George.

We decided to camp at the Redcliff's in St George. On Easter weekend. Naturally, no camping spots were open. All we did at Redcliff's was hike. I had to climb across a mountain WALL to get to the other side of the trail. My poor classmates had to talk me through it as I freaked out. (They're Rec Majors, I'm an English Major. There is a difference.)

But the most FRIGHTENING of all....

We camped on BLM ground. No facilities. Boys in the group, no bathrooms. Thank goodness we stopped at a gas station the next morning. I never much thought of myself as a city girl until that moment. I like facilities. I like to shower. I like to feel safe and secure. I could never do a week long backpacking trip where you can't wash your hair. Ugh.

2 Comments:

Blogger natalie brady said...

i remember the dyas when the only time you brushed your hair was when you were going to see a boy you liked....what happened?

10:58 AM  
Blogger Princess Kathleen said...

I suppose I discovered that hair is easier to brush if you um, well, brush it.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counter