Saturday, March 31, 2007

Morte De Arthur

Well, it happened again. I read my Guinevere trilogy, and in the end, Arthur died. While I was reading the final chapter my sister Pam kept asking me if he was dead yet and if I was crying. This severely interrupted my reading! And, when I hit the ending, and the tears came, I hid it with the book.

I don't know why I put myself through this. Pam pointed out to me that I am fully aware that he dies, and I always know when it's about to happen. (Even if it's a new Arthurian series I discover) She likes to skip the parts in books she knows will make her cry. For some reason I can't do that with this trilogy. The writing is so intriguing, so beautiful, I keep reading anyway. My writing has been influenced more by Persia Woolley's Guinever trilogy than any other books I have read. Her insights to characters and the human spirit is amazing, and it is my goal to reflect it in my own.

I want to make myself cry and have Pam laugh at me. (I wonder if it would be more pathetic if it is my own character, whose death I plotted myself, and I sob over it. Hmm.)

I'm considering tossing short story parts around this blog, not necessarily anything I intend to sell, but use it as a way to get the words out of some of my less normal ideas. We'll see.

2 Comments:

Blogger natalie brady said...

i think you cry too much.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Princess Kathleen said...

Shut up *cries*

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counter